Which ITR form to use ?

Dear Sir, I am a housewife doing part time LIC/Mutual Fund Business. I have the following income this year 1. From LIC Commission: 1,23,881 2. From Mutual Funds(Trail Brokerage): 18,774 3. I also have Interest Income from FD 85,170 4. Exempt Income (Dividends on Shares) (21,025) 5. Qualifying Rebate u/s 80 C 22,533 I dont keep accounts and propose to claim expenses of 20% on my business income of 1,42,655 which comes to 28,531. Can I submit my return in ITR 4S (Sugam)to claim a refund of 12,488 TDS made by LIC/MF

asked Jul 15 '11 at 10:21 by Amar 1111

As you have income from business/profession, you should maintain profit/loss accounts. For income tax return, you can file ITR4S or ITR4 in order to get refund.

answered Jul 18 '11 at 16:08 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 15 '11 at 10:21

Seen: 3,519 times

Last updated: Jul 18 '11 at 16:08