long term capital gain

Thanks for your reply. If my wife takes the payment from my parents and give them the possession and get GPA registered in their name. Will that be considered sale or not.

asked Jul 13 '11 at 08:50 by ritesh071 1378

Registered deed has to be done with payment to stamp duty to make a transaction legal. GPA won't be considered a sale.

answered Jul 13 '11 at 15:18 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 13 '11 at 08:50

Seen: 1,432 times

Last updated: Jul 13 '11 at 15:18