income tax

hi pankaj i m a salarised person and i m paying tax through railways, my employer 4 the last three years. they deduct it at the year end. do i need to file return 4 the same individually? i havent file 4 last three years. i have PAN no

asked Feb 14 '11 at 10:16 by pijush 1111

In case your income is more than income tax taxable slab, then you must file income tax return.
In case it has not been done, income tax department may send a notice to you.
If income tax return is filed after end of assessment year, there is a penalty of 5000 Rs. Also interest is applied under section 234 A and 234 B

answered Feb 14 '11 at 12:45 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Feb 14 '11 at 10:16

Seen: 2,305 times

Last updated: Feb 14 '11 at 12:45