claiming refund while e filing of returns

My employer has erred in giving the Form 16 , it has not shown whole deduction of Rs 1 lac while I have invested 1 lac, instead it has shown around 70,000/- , hence increasing my tax liability.

Please guide, while e filing through Govt site will the originals or copy of my investment is required while filing e returns as I have to claim refund? or I should show my deduction as Rs 1 lac instead of Rs 70,000/- and claim refund. Wll I have to send a copy of my investment to CPC bangalore? If I dont send them the copy how will they know about my investment of Rs 1lac?

asked Jun 25 '11 at 12:15 by premksundaram 1111

You can claim deduction for whole 1 lac while income tax return. There is no need to submit any sort of documents along with ITR or ITR-V.

Whatever you state in income tax return form is considered true. In case IT department has any objection/doubt they can raise a query for providing necessary proofs.

answered Jun 25 '11 at 16:44 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jun 25 '11 at 12:15

Seen: 3,074 times

Last updated: Jun 25 '11 at 16:44