Declare additional savings

hi As per my company policy we have to submit the proofs before 10 Feb. But after that period i did some more savings till 31March. Now how will i declare these savings? In my Form 16 it shows what i hv submitted.

asked Jun 18 '11 at 11:47 by Sarbe 1111

Employer should have accepted this even after Feb. In case its not been done, you can claim same while filing income tax return.

answered Jun 18 '11 at 16:36 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

How will i claim? Is it like i have to attach the proofs with ITR-V while sending it to IT office?
(Jun 18 '11 at 16:49) Sarbe
No proofs needs to be attached. Just declare the investments into 80-C or other sections.
(Jun 18 '11 at 16:50) Pankaj Batra
But how can they know i have done these savings? There must be some proof i need to submit? Otherwise why should i give proofs to my company, instead i will declare it while filling income tax return.
(Jun 21 '11 at 17:30) Sarbe
income tax return is a declaration and you sign on it. Income tax department trust what you have mentioned on it. But in case of a scrutiny any of the information provided is found incorrect, they may take legal action. If you don't declare it with employer, they will deduct TDS and you will have to file return for refund to get back your money.
(Jun 23 '11 at 14:02) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jun 18 '11 at 11:47

Seen: 2,377 times

Last updated: Jun 23 '11 at 14:02