How to get TDS refund for Self Employee??

Dear Pankaj, I am Contract (self employee) in One of Engineering Company. Every Month They has given me salary after 10 % TDS deduction. Yesterday I receive 16A form them. In Form 16A, the payments (Salary) are mention under 194J, Fees for Professional or technical service. My Question is, How to claim or refund TDS? Please advise me.

asked Jun 17 '11 at 12:05 by manisheck 1111

You will have to file income tax return, in order to get refund. Please download and file ITR 4.

answered Jun 17 '11 at 15:49 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Can Rent allowance (80GG) is application under this circumstances?
(May 16 '12 at 18:42) Navneet
House rent cannot be shown as business expense. But you can claim benefit for house rent paid under section 80GG.
(May 28 '12 at 21:54) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jun 17 '11 at 12:05

Seen: 4,186 times

Last updated: May 28 '12 at 21:54