How do I file returns for the Assessment Years during which I was student?

Dear Pankaj,

I recently completed studying during which time the only source of income for me in India was the interest that I got from bank deposits.

I did not file my returns in AY 2012-13 & AY 2013-14 while I was studying! I glanced through the "traces" website and noticed that I could actually claim a tax refund.

I then filled out the ITR 1 form under Section "12-AfterDueDt 139(4)" and then went to the efiling website to upload the xml file for returns but it said that "The end date for filing this ITR is over.".

Please do let me know if there is away for me to file returns for the years that I've mentioned above.

Thanks, Varun

asked Aug 19 '15 at 09:39 by vgr 122


As returns have not been filed on time, refund won't be processed now.

answered Sep 14 '15 at 06:56 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 19 '15 at 09:39

Seen: 2,465 times

Last updated: Sep 14 '15 at 06:56