How to Save Long Term Capital Gains Tax (LTCG)

I sold Plot of land for 16 lacs. and used Rs.16 lacs to purchase flat of Rs 80Lacs. In this flat me my son and his wife are co-owners and remaining amount(80-16)i.e.64 Lac is managed by my son and his wife through joint loan. can i claim exemption u/s 54F for Rs.16 as my contribution.

asked Jan 21 '15 at 00:13 by Rahul Shinde 11

Yes, you can claim tax benefits u/s 54F, but there are some conditions for 54F applicability:

  1. You should not be owning more than one residential house property at the time of sale of plot.
  2. New residential property should not be sold in next three years of possession.
  3. Possession of new residential property should be received within two years of sale or with one year before sale of plot.
  4. In next three years, total residential house properties owned by you cannot be more than two.

answered Jan 25 '15 at 08:54 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jan 21 '15 at 00:13

Seen: 1,834 times

Last updated: Jan 25 '15 at 08:54