Home loan rebate on second house


I am living in my own flat registered on my name. Now if I buy another property/flat in the same locality on my name and put it on rent then can I claim Home loan rebate (I will take home loan) on this second flat ?

Please advise.

asked Aug 19 '14 at 09:46 by Gurukul 1872916

Yes, you can claim tax benefit on home loan interest (section 24) and principal (section 80C) payments.

You would have to show house rent income from second house (which is not self occupied) in your return.

There is no limit on home loan interest claim in case of non-self-occupied house.

answered Aug 19 '14 at 13:43 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 19 '14 at 09:46

Seen: 2,410 times

Last updated: Aug 19 '14 at 13:43