Claiming HRA while filling returns

Which section in ITR form while e-filling Tax should I fill to reflect HRA.

My HRA was not deducted at source, Now at the time of filling I want to claim. I don't know where to put that amount in ITR form.


asked Aug 01 '14 at 00:52 by user 112

ITR does not have any section for claiming house rent allowance. HRA exemption has to be claimed with employer only.

In case you still wants to show it, you can reduce taxable income shown in form-16 (income from salaries) by exemption amount and file return. But IT department can send you notice to explain the reason for not claiming HRA with employer.

answered Aug 02 '14 at 13:25 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 01 '14 at 00:52

Seen: 2,045 times

Last updated: Aug 02 '14 at 13:25