PRAN related

last year i had discharged from bank so i cant make any transaction to my NPS a/c that's why my nps a/c is frozen now. during that peroid my selection is done in another psb so i want to know can i give my existing NPS PRAN to my present bank . also tell does it will creat any problem to my present employer . PLEASE REPLY SIR

asked Jul 28 '14 at 14:57 by guest 111

You should only use existing NPS account with new employer too. There won't be any issue in it.

You need to fill up the Form UOS-S10-A, and submit it to the associated PoP-SP only. PoP-SP can check the total unfreeze amount payable by the subscriber using the Subscriber Details Unfreezing option under User Maintenance menu in CRA system ( The unfreeze contribution amount paid by the subscriber after deduction of the PoP charge needs to be greater than or equal to the total unfreeze amount provided in the CRA system.

A penalty of Rs100 per year is levied for the duration that the account (Tier I & II) remains frozen.

The payment (cash/cheque/DD) to unfreeze the account should be made as follows: (Rs 6,000 - amount already contributed in the financial year) for each year + Rs500 for current financial year + penalty of Rs 100 for each year the account is frozen.

answered Jul 28 '14 at 21:00 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 28 '14 at 14:57

Seen: 3,206 times

Last updated: Jul 28 '14 at 21:00