Property Transaction

Sir, I have a land in my name, now I want to sell that & purchase new house in my spouse's (as 1st name) & my name jointly. Now I want to know can I claim tax exemption on interest paid on the loan as well as on the profit gained on selling of land (which is in my name)? I already have one home in my name & paying EMI on Home loan taken from SBI.

asked Jul 05 '14 at 16:32 by sakiv1089 18682439

If you are selling land, you can avail tax benefits u/s 54F as you are purchasing new house.

There is no issue in availing both tax benefit of home loan and capital gain.

answered Jul 06 '14 at 21:13 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 05 '14 at 16:32

Seen: 1,514 times

Last updated: Jul 06 '14 at 21:13