Govt Tax Policy for the people are on other country payroll but working from India.

Hi What is Govt policy for those people are on US company's payroll (Getting Salary in US$) but working from India only.

Do they pay double tax...?

Thank You

asked Jun 12 '14 at 19:24 by Arin 11

If you are a resident Indian, whole income earned would be taxable only in India.

In case tax is also deducted in US, you can apply for refund there as per double taxation avoidance agreement.

answered Jun 12 '14 at 23:31 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jun 12 '14 at 19:24

Seen: 1,505 times

Last updated: Jun 12 '14 at 23:31