Investment in secton-54F

sir, my mother has received gold from her mother( ie my nani) and she already has 2 plots and now if i want that my mother gifts gold to me and my brother and we brothers invest in capital gain account scheme by selling this gold is it possible? will it attract any capital gain tax.

asked Apr 14 '14 at 12:51 by ashish vermani 11

If you sell gold, you would earn capital gains. To save income tax on such gains either you can invest into house property u/s 54F or into capital gain bonds u/s 54EC.

answered Apr 14 '14 at 18:22 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Apr 14 '14 at 12:51

Seen: 1,431 times

Last updated: Apr 14 '14 at 18:22