Long term capital gain

I am having long term capital Gain of Rs.15 lacs on the sale of residential property.

I want to know whether I can buy one residential property of Rs. 10 lacs and invest balance amount of Rs. 5 lacs in Bond and get full benefit.

asked Mar 24 '14 at 17:58 by mcgjpr 11

Income tax rules are silent on simultaneous usage of section 54 and 54EC, so you should be able to do it.

answered Mar 27 '14 at 20:27 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 24 '14 at 17:58

Seen: 1,514 times

Last updated: Mar 27 '14 at 20:27