Paying of Outstanding Tax demand shown in My account page on e-filing.

I had seen an Outstanding Tax Demand of Rs 204/- dt 10/6/2013 for the Assessment Year 2011-12 in 'My Account' page of e-filing in Income Tax site. As the 'Minor head' under which it was to be paid was not mentioned, I had paid it under minor head 300. I got an intimation on 17/12/2013 (through email) from CPC that still Rs. 204/- is pending against outstanding tax demand and this time it is mentioned in the last line that I have to pay under the 'Minor Head 400' only.

My question is whether the amount paid by me under head 300 can be transferred to Minor Head 400 by CPC If I raise a 'Rectification Request' shown in the submenu in My Account Page under e filing ?. Kindly suggest me the on-line procedure for this type of transfer if available

asked Feb 17 '14 at 18:27 by UMARAO 111

Challan correction cannot be done using online rectification request.

Please check this document: Income tax Challan Correction Mechanism

answered Feb 18 '14 at 10:24 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Feb 17 '14 at 18:27

Seen: 2,717 times

Last updated: Feb 18 '14 at 10:24