to claim exemption u/s 54f by nri

one my client being reisdent of uk has sold a property in india and has invested sale proceeds in residential house in india to the extent 66% and balance in house purchased in his spouse.can he claim deduction u/s 54f

asked Dec 23 '13 at 19:17 by ca sanjay agrawal 11

Yes, section 54F deduction can be taken, but only for residential house purchased on his own name.

He would also be liable to pay tax on remaining 34% of unused gains proportionally.

answered Dec 23 '13 at 20:47 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Dec 23 '13 at 19:17

Seen: 1,941 times

Last updated: Dec 23 '13 at 20:47