Gift house to wife

Sir, I want to gift the house (in my name) to my wife & want to purchase 2 nd house on loan. This I want to do to avoid tax liabilities arises due to 2 house. Pl advise the best possible way to gift the house.


asked Dec 16 '13 at 16:24 by sakiv1089 18682339

You need to get registered gift deed done for the property transfer. You will have to pay stamp duty for this sale.

There won't be any income tax liability arising for this transfer both for you and your wife.

answered Dec 17 '13 at 10:48 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Sir, Pl clear about stamp duty, I purchased land & constructed house on that land, cost was about Rs 450000 (Land)+ Rs 1150000 (Construction cost)=Total=1600000. So now I had to pay stamp duty on this Rs 16 Lac or on Rs 4.5 Lac or it will be different (i.e. lower) as I am gifting this property thru gift deed & not selling the house. Regards,
(Dec 17 '13 at 12:35) sakiv1089
You would need to pay stamp duty on ongoing circle rate. Circle rate would have two components, land price per sq yd and construction cost per sq feet.
(Dec 17 '13 at 13:29) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Dec 16 '13 at 16:24

Seen: 1,705 times

Last updated: Dec 22 '13 at 04:13