Tax on rental income

Sir, I want to pay income tax on rent received, please advise how to pay / mention rental income in income tax form. Whether I shall show the full amount or the balance amount after deducting 30% on account of maintenance. I am getting Rs 8000 p.m. from August onwards on my house for which I have taken loan from bank.


asked Oct 15 '13 at 10:48 by sakiv1089 18682339

You need to show balance amount after deducting 30% deduction, under income from house property.

In case you only have income from one such property, return can be filed with ITR-1 else ITR-2 form has to be used.

answered Oct 16 '13 at 12:23 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thanks for prompt reply, I have only 1 house property but have exempted income more than 5000 from PPF so I understand I shall use ITR-2. This is as confirmed by you earlier to my queries.
(Oct 17 '13 at 11:27) sakiv1089

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Oct 15 '13 at 10:48

Seen: 1,574 times

Last updated: Oct 17 '13 at 11:27