If there is a loss during the year & I don't want to carry forward the loss to negotiate against profits in coming years, can one ignore "CAPITAL GAINS" topic in the ITR without giving any details / can file ITR 2 instead of ITR 4?

asked Sep 21 '13 at 17:33 by achyutanand 11

I would still advise you to declare the loss in income tax return.

Unless its a business loss, you can show same in ITR-2 and there is no need to file using ITR-4.

answered Sep 24 '13 at 16:05 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Sep 21 '13 at 17:33

Seen: 1,979 times

Last updated: Sep 24 '13 at 16:05