capital gain tax

I was allotted a plot in March 2004 at Rs 900000. In case I sell it at Rs 20000000 and invest tha amount in buying a house in USA, what will be the capital gain tax

asked Apr 23 '11 at 00:42 by pathakromesh 1111

If you invest the amount in USA, there won't be any tax exemption available for capital gains. And you will have to pay 20% income tax on capital gain (after indexation).

answered Apr 26 '11 at 06:33 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Apr 23 '11 at 00:42

Seen: 2,185 times

Last updated: Apr 26 '11 at 06:33