HRA exemption for pensioners


I'm a pensioner, owning a house in Mumbai. However, I don't stay in that house, and I pay rent for the house (outside Mumbai) where I'm currently staying. Can I avail tax exemption ? If yes, to what extent, and how ? Hoping for prompt response.


asked Jul 31 '13 at 21:06 by K N 1612

answered Jul 31 '13 at 21:11 by K N 1612

Yes, this is correct one.
(Aug 01 '13 at 14:46) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 31 '13 at 21:06

Seen: 4,294 times

Last updated: Aug 01 '13 at 18:09