80 Education int

sir i repaid my educational loan account with an interest amt of 23149/- with the principal o/s after 5 years. I want to know whether I can show 23149/- under 80E or only 10000/- as shown by my company as in Form 16 given by them. please advice

asked Jul 29 '13 at 23:23 by dhatchayanim 12711

If you have paid education loan interest, then you can claim deduction for same u/s 80E in income tax return even if your employer has not provided/mentioned same in form-16.

answered Aug 01 '13 at 08:51 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 29 '13 at 23:23

Seen: 2,084 times

Last updated: Aug 01 '13 at 08:51