HRA under Section 80GG

Dear Pankaj, I am pensioner of AP state Govt and need your advice on claiming HRA benefit. I was told that an exemption of 2000/- month can be claimed even though there is no specific HRA component in the pension I am receiving. Is this benefit still in force? Please advice.

asked Jul 26 '13 at 12:41 by Ramakrishnarao 123

Yes, you can claim deduction u/s 80gg.

Read more here: Income tax exemption without HRA

answered Jul 27 '13 at 14:27 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 26 '13 at 12:41

Seen: 2,425 times

Last updated: Jul 27 '13 at 14:27