Clarification needed on income from insurance advisory business.


I primarily earn income from salary but being an agent of 'XYZ insurance company' I receive commission. Please advise under which head this income shall be considered.

asked Jul 23 '13 at 20:03 by Shrikant Vijay Rane 11

Income earned as commission from insurance company would be income from business/profession, so he would need to file income tax return using ITR 4 form and show it as business income.

answered Jul 24 '13 at 01:29 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 23 '13 at 20:03

Seen: 1,571 times

Last updated: Jul 24 '13 at 01:29