tax on interest earned on capital gain bonds(NHAI)

Dear Pankaj, I have purchased NHAI capital gain exemption bond of Rs 40 lakhs in the last FY 2012-13 but interest has been credited only on 02/04/2013.Do ,I have to show the interest earned in FY 2012-13 or it can be reflected in next FY ?


asked Jul 22 '13 at 21:22 by income_ tax 1116

As this interest is paid for FY 2012-13, this needs to be shown in same financial year.

answered Jul 23 '13 at 12:15 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 22 '13 at 21:22

Seen: 1,510 times

Last updated: Jul 23 '13 at 12:15