Claiming of Relief u/s 89

I have received arrear of incentive from my employer in FY 2012-13 which pertains to FY 2011-12. I want to claim relief as per Section 89 of Income Tax Act. So at the time of submitting ITR, I have calculated the relief amount and shown in the "Relief U/s 89" column and filled the return and refund is due to me for amount of relief u/s 89 as calculated by me.

I want to ask that will I have to send FORM No. 10E to Income Tax Department along with ITR-V or Income Tax Department can ask furnishing of Form No. 10E and Other document later?

There is an option available in efiling site "Submission of forms other than ITR" in which submission of FORM No. 10E is available in which assessee can submit scanned copy of Form 10E electronically to Income Tax Department. So will i have to File Form 10E electronically as pr above option? Please clarify my doubt in this regard..

asked Jul 22 '13 at 15:26 by SAKET PATEL 111

No document needs to be sent along with ITR-V to CPC address. You just need to declare the relief amount in ITR form and file returns.

IT department can ask for form 10E later if they need it.

answered Jul 23 '13 at 12:00 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 22 '13 at 15:26

Seen: 3,725 times

Last updated: Jul 23 '13 at 12:00