Which ITR with less than 10,000 profit in intra-day share trading.

I am Salaried person have got around Rs.10,000 profit from intra-day trading. Can I file ITR-2 instead of ITR-4 for speculative gains. If yes, where I need to show this amount in ITR-2 as it needs to be added to my overall income.

asked Jul 22 '13 at 00:40 by Raghavan 112

Intraday trading would be treated as business activity for profits, so you would need to file returns using ITR-4 form (for business/profession).

answered Jul 22 '13 at 11:18 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Dear Pankaj, Thanks a lot! One follow up query on this, a) Should the Nature of Business be "1001-Other sector" as my source is salary? b) Also where this intra-day gain need to be shown in the "BP" tab of ITR-4? Is it under "Additions in accordance with section 28 to 44DA" under speculative business? Regards, Raghavan
(Jul 25 '13 at 17:29) Raghavan
I think, 0204-Trading-Others would be applicable here. You would need to fill Part BS, Part PL and then BP. In BP sheet under A-2i field, whole gains needs to be entered. Additions in accordance with section 28 to 44DA should not be applicable.
(Jul 27 '13 at 14:18) Pankaj Batra

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 22 '13 at 00:40

Seen: 4,708 times

Last updated: Jul 27 '13 at 14:18