Deduction U/s 80C

The employer has not shown the deductions U/s 80C in the form 16. Can I still enter that while filing ITR.

What is the rule.

Please advise?

asked Jul 19 '13 at 11:21 by Gurukul 1872916

Yes, you can declare 80C deductions (and others like 80D, 80E, 80G etc) in Income tax return form.

Income tax would be recomputed in ITR and you will get refund for the extra amount paid.

answered Jul 19 '13 at 12:48 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 19 '13 at 11:21

Seen: 2,207 times

Last updated: Jul 19 '13 at 12:48