Share Trading

I was in Job till Jan13. After that I left my job and started share trading. I traded mostly in F&O segment trading and made a loss of around 2 lacs till 31st March,13. Is there any benefit of showing this loss in Income tax return and under which head should I show the same. Suppose I make profits in share trading this year, Can I net off my loss against the same. Please help

asked Jul 14 '13 at 01:06 by smarttrader 11

This would be treated as business loss and can be carried forward. In next years, this can be set off against any profits under same category.

You need to file returns using ITR-4, maintain profit/loss accounts and show this loss under business loss.

answered Jul 17 '13 at 14:12 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 14 '13 at 01:06

Seen: 1,421 times

Last updated: Jul 17 '13 at 14:12