Filed ITR with data missing


I have Non-Resident status this year.My Form 16, initially had only the Annexure A, so I assumed that to be because of my Non-resident status and did not fill any details in the Income and Deductions section and submitted by ITR. Now my Form 16 has been generated with the Income and deduction details in Annexure B. Please let me know if I need to re-file ITR as Revised - 139(5) or Defective Return - 139(9). Also, do I need to send both the Original and Revised ITRs to the IT office?

asked Jul 10 '13 at 13:17 by sara1988 111

You should only file a revised return u/s 139(5).

You should send both original and revised ITR-V. They can be sent in same envelope.

answered Jul 11 '13 at 19:45 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 10 '13 at 13:17

Seen: 2,088 times

Last updated: Jul 11 '13 at 19:45