Joint account home loan interest benifit claim

My home loan is in my name & my mother's name (2nd name). My mother is housewife & has no contribution to loan payment. Can I claim 100% amount of home loan interest for tax filing? If yes, then please let me know if any NOC / declaration form needs to be submitted with home loan interest certificate.

asked May 17 '13 at 14:49 by sahaj 134

If you are only contributing towards loan EMIs, you can claim 100% amount for interest deduction u/s 24 (1.5 lakh limit would still be applicable).

There is no extra form needs to be provided. Interest certificate from bank would be enough.

answered May 21 '13 at 20:44 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: May 17 '13 at 14:49

Seen: 3,489 times

Last updated: May 21 '13 at 20:44