can i claiem income tax if i paid three months salary while leaving job

I am working in a private college, I have been paid salary regularly from april 2012- march 2013 and income tax was cut according to my salary. everything was alright. in april 2013, i got a govt job, if I leave my previous institute i had paid three months salary , i have got advance salary receipt for that, so my query is --- can i claim income tax refund. if yes this year in july 2013 when i file income tax returns or next financial year returns time \ kindly oblige and do the needful

asked May 03 '13 at 01:43 by drbengoboys 111

If there is any extra tax deducted you can claim refund for the same. If extra tax is deducted in FY 2012-13 (April 2012-March 2013), then you can claim same in ITR to filed before 31st July 2013.

answered May 08 '13 at 00:20 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: May 03 '13 at 01:43

Seen: 2,266 times

Last updated: May 08 '13 at 00:20