Need Suggestion on filing return for Foreign Income


I came to US on 13th Oct 2013, for my company assignment on VISA. The company is paying me salary after deducting tax.

I have transferred some of my savings to my Father's account? Do I again need to file income tax return for this amount?

Please explain if I need to know any information which is useful for this case.


asked Apr 18 '13 at 03:39 by Anonymous2 11

Just because you are transferring amount to your father's account in India, you need not to file income tax return in India.

However you may be liable to file return because of other reasons like resident status in financial year, income earned in India (in banks, rental income, long/short term gains from asset sale etc.)

answered Apr 18 '13 at 23:14 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Apr 18 '13 at 03:39

Seen: 1,658 times

Last updated: Apr 18 '13 at 23:14