for claiming HRA

In my company one female staff is asking for HRA exemption for the house rented out by them in her husband's name (agreement written in his name) as he is working in another state. For claiming HRA exemption is it not mandatory that the agreement should be in employees own name?

asked Apr 12 '13 at 10:08 by HRIM 12723

I believe, Rent agreement or rent receipts should be in the same person's name who is availing exemption for same.

answered Apr 12 '13 at 17:38 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Apr 12 '13 at 10:08

Seen: 1,680 times

Last updated: Apr 12 '13 at 17:38