Child Education Allowance

Sir, We dont have a component called child education allowance in the salary break up. But end of every financial year, we take a declaration from the employees who are eligible for this exemption (of 100/- per month) saying that their child is studying in _ std of ___ school and get it signed by them. Is this fine for claiming the exemption?

Thanks, HRIM

asked Apr 11 '13 at 10:24 by HRIM 12823

Sir, can employees claim both children tuition fees under section 80c and child education allowance of 1200/p.a.
(Apr 12 '13 at 09:57) HRIM
Yes, they should be able to do so as both are different benefits. But total benefit cannot exceed total fees payment.
(Apr 12 '13 at 17:36) Pankaj Batra

There should not be any issue in providing exemption for children education allowance, but you should also ask for tuition fees receipt from such employees.

answered Apr 11 '13 at 18:38 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Apr 11 '13 at 10:24

Seen: 1,793 times

Last updated: Apr 12 '13 at 17:36