Exemption u 80(C)


I've made a five year FD in my daughter's name (3yrs) and wife as nominee for an amount of Rs.75000/- in April 2012. The payment was also made by her. She's a homemaker and is not claiming it for exemption. I was working in a company till June 2012 and did not claim it for exemption. I've joined a new company in July 2012. Can I claim this amount for exemption U 80(c)?

Thanks, SP

asked Mar 07 '13 at 15:31 by SPB 12

Deduction for Tax saver fixed deposit under section 80C can only be claimed if same has been taken in name of assessee only (or in joint name with assessee as first name).

answered Mar 07 '13 at 19:59 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 07 '13 at 15:31

Seen: 1,808 times

Last updated: Mar 07 '13 at 19:59