tax deducted at source

sir, my dept has deducted tax and has issued form 16 for the financial year 2008-09, returns have been filed before due date,i am due for refund 31,000/-. deducted tax is not reflected fully in 26 AS form, some quarters are missing. department is unable to do so because of non availability of data, income tax department has raised demand now. not only i haven't got my refund but i have been asked to pay income tax of 1,41,000/-. i have been running from pillar to post without any success. kindly help me

asked Dec 29 '12 at 23:12 by kishorecs 12

You should visit income tax office where your assessing officer sits and produce copy of form-16 and a written letter explaining your case. Get a receiving of your complaint.

If no action is taken on your complaint within next 20-30 days, file a case with ombudsman or RTI for your case.

alt text

answered Dec 30 '12 at 14:48 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Dec 29 '12 at 23:12

Seen: 1,518 times

Last updated: Dec 30 '12 at 19:16