NPS Subscriber Shifting Problem (Corporate to Central Govt.)


My problem: I opened an NPS Tier 1 account in May 2010 while working in a corporate (private) hospital. In May 2011, I resigned to join a central govt. post. Although I informed my new employer in writing about my pre-existing NPS account, they deposited the money deducted from my monthly salary in another scheme.

As I did not know that I also had to inform the PFRDA about the sector shift, I deposited Rs. 5000/- in my NPS account in Dec 2011 and Dec 2012 so as to keep up the minimum contribution.

Now I am told by the helpful NPS call centre executive that this is not allowed (extra contribution by govt. employees) and I should have submitted a Subscriber Shifting Form (ISS-1) to the NPS at the time of joining. Since it was not done then, it should now be sent by my office. The clerk in my Institute has no idea of what to do.

Could someone please tell me: 1) what happens to the Rs. 10000/- I put in my Tier 1 account while working as a central govt employee. 2) can I fill and give ISS-1 form myself to the PFRDA? If yes, to whom does it go?

Thanks in advance,

P Sharma, Chandigarh

asked Dec 20 '12 at 22:06 by P Sharma 1112

This question is marked "community wiki".

I don't have much knowledge on this, but as per NPS website, Form ISS-1 : Inter Sector Shifting needs to be submitted for a sector change. Your existing PRAN sector would be shifted from UOS(All Citizens of India (UOS)) to Central Govt. It should be filled by your DDO.

answered Dec 22 '12 at 21:16 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thank you. PS
(Dec 22 '12 at 21:24) P Sharma
Hi P S Sharma, I'm also facing the same problem. I appreciate if you tell me the procedure followed by you to solve this problem. Thanks in advance ([email protected]/8754585227)
(Aug 08 '13 at 11:53) Deep1287
I am facing opposite situation I moved out of Central government to corporate sector and still struggling to get this inter sector switch done. Have submitted the form ISS-1 to new POP-SP(ICICI Bank) but still waiting for the switch to happen from the past 4 months. Nobody seems to be in a position to reply.
(Sep 27 '13 at 15:00) kapilsd
You should call NPS helpline on 1800-222-080 and enquire about same. You may also raise complaint after login on
(Sep 29 '13 at 00:50) Pankaj Batra
Pankaj both call and login are not working I tried multiple times .After login when I try to raise grievance it does not work and phone no one picks up.
(Sep 30 '13 at 12:34) kapilsd

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Dec 20 '12 at 22:06

Seen: 9,684 times

Last updated: Sep 30 '13 at 14:00