Rectification- IF wrongly filed the Returns Online

Dear sir,

while filing Online Return I have wrongly selected ITR 1 form(2011-2012) and the assessment Year 2011-2012. while I wanted to file the Return for assessment year 2012-2013....

I have a intimation letter U/S 143(1)from IT Deppt and They have Demanded some amount.

i need to be select the correct form(ITR1- 2012-2013) with correct assessment Year.... if I'll apply for the Rectification, i need to Change the GTI(i.e 0)... as i don't have any income for assessment Year 2011-2012. I have contacted to Customer care they told u can't change the GTI during the Online Rectification...Only you can contact to the Nearest IT dept...I have gone to the IT dept ..they told that they can't do any thing as i have filed the returns online...

Today i have Filed Fresh Returs for assessment year 2012-2013... Now Pls Help how to do the correction....


asked Dec 18 '12 at 22:09 by maddy 1122

You should try filing a rectification request online from your e-filing login. You will have to provide Communication Reference No and date of order provided in ITR 143(1) sent by IT department. Rectification Request Type should be chosen as "Taxpayer is correcting the data in rectification". Under Select a Rectification Reason select Others. You need to submit return XML for AY 2011-12 with corrected figures (nil income in your case).

answered Dec 21 '12 at 18:24 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Dec 18 '12 at 22:09

Seen: 3,755 times

Last updated: Dec 21 '12 at 18:24