Tax Savving

My Father got an accident and my brother suffered from Dengue and admitted in hospital. Also my daughter have an operation in Intestine. 1. Can I claim tax benefits on them? 2. Should I give details to the office for such deduction where TDS is done or I have to applied to Income tax department? 3. What is the max amount?. Is all diagnostic charges included?

asked Dec 13 '12 at 13:00 by srajendra1 11

Tax deduction for such medical expenses can be taken u/s 80DD, 80U and 80DDB. But issue would be none of the expenses described by you fit into conditions for applicability of these sections.

Please go through these sections on this page: Tax saving under section 80DD, 80U and 80DDB

answered Dec 17 '12 at 01:37 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Dec 13 '12 at 13:00

Seen: 1,444 times

Last updated: Dec 17 '12 at 01:37