deduction of income tax on children education allowance and hostel subsidy

Sir, My question is: Whether the amount of children education allowance and hostel subsidy is being reimbursed by the defence personnel and para military force personnel are taxable income?

asked Nov 28 '12 at 11:45 by Khan 1111

It should be taxable income. You can claim deduction for same u/s 80C.

answered Nov 30 '12 at 17:32 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Nov 28 '12 at 11:45

Seen: 3,260 times

Last updated: Nov 30 '12 at 17:32