REC bond issue 54Ec

HI Pankaj

To avoid the capital gain taxation from selling a residential house one can either invest in the REC/NHAI bond investment (lock in for 3 yrs) or purchase a house .

Is this bond all time open(throught the yr) or how it is??

As one need to invest in the above one within six months of the sale of the house

Pls guide me


asked Nov 21 '12 at 00:54 by vignesh 94671323

Issue remain opens through out the year generally, so you can buy anytime.

Check these links for details: REC Capital Gain Bonds, NHAI Capital Gain Bonds

answered Nov 30 '12 at 17:06 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

(Dec 02 '12 at 10:24) vignesh

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Nov 21 '12 at 00:54

Seen: 1,697 times

Last updated: Dec 02 '12 at 10:24