Tax Residency Certificate - TRS

Hello Pankaj, While making payment to a company situated outside India against purchase of electronic goods, is it mandatory that we need to get the Tax Residency Certificate (TRS) from the payee?

asked Oct 10 '12 at 12:58 by anand19779 16225

Hi Pankaj, Basically I need to know the applicability of TRC. Who has to obtain the TRC and from whom? And on what situations the TRC needs to be obtained?
(Oct 10 '12 at 16:31) anand19779

Tax residency certificate should not be applicable here in case of purchase of goods.

answered Oct 10 '12 at 17:02 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Can you tell me where and under which situation it will be applicable?
(Oct 10 '12 at 17:10) anand19779
Its required by all foreigners to furnish a tax residency certificate of their home country to claim benefits under the double taxation avoidance agreement. Here in case of purchase there should not be any question of double taxation avoidance.
(Oct 10 '12 at 17:16) Pankaj Batra
Thanks Pankaj :)
(Oct 10 '12 at 17:32) anand19779

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Oct 10 '12 at 12:58

Seen: 1,419 times

Last updated: Oct 10 '12 at 17:32