Revised IT return

Hi Pankaj, I am a pensioner from AndhraPradesh state government.1)What is my employer category? I selected "OTH" while filing my original return on 29thAug2012.Is it correct choice? 2)I forgot to declare part of interest income while filing my return in August.Now that I am planning to file revised return can I change the employer category now? 3)I am filing the return voluntarily before receiving any notice. In this case which option should I select for RETURN FILED UNDER SECTION- Revised Return139(5) or After Due Dt-139(4)? 4)My form 26AS does not show TDS for my pension income though it has been deducted by the Treasury office. They deposited the TDS amount without mentioning the PAN number? In this case do I need to pay this amount again? Thanks in advance.

asked Oct 08 '12 at 12:40 by Ramakrishnarao 123

  1. You can fill employer category as Government in revised return.
  2. Return should be filed under section: Revised 139(5)
  3. Your TDS details in ITR should match against form 26AS ideally. IT department may raise tax demand in case form 26AS shows a less tax deposited than what is payable. I am not sure how pension department deposited TDS without a PAN. You should contact them and try to get PAN recorded in TDS.

answered Oct 08 '12 at 17:15 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320

Thank you very much Mr Pankaj for your kind reply.
(Oct 08 '12 at 17:52) Ramakrishnarao

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Oct 08 '12 at 12:40

Seen: 2,227 times

Last updated: Oct 08 '12 at 17:52