Want to check the tax credit paid by my Employer for the quarter.

Sir, I want to know if I can check the tax credit paid by my employer to government. If there is any way possible to get this information online, what are the details required apart from PAN , is there requirement of Employers's Tan no.


asked Aug 29 '12 at 11:29 by Udai 111

  1. You can check your Form 26AS online on TIN site to see if the tax paid by employer is reflected or not. For this you need to login to TIN site using your PAN. No need of employer's TAN number.
  2. You can also check the challan status by using URL https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/QueryTaxpayerAjax . But this needs information like BSR code of the branch where tax was paid, date, serial number etc. I think Form 26AS is more than sufficient.

answered Aug 29 '12 at 18:08 by Phani R 2216713


There is no need of employer's TAN to check TDS credit.

Adding to @Phani-R reply, you may also check form-26AS on following locations:

  1. Form 26AS on Income tax efiling website: Needs login on this website. You may have one if you have filed return online or you may create one using your PAN details.
  2. With Online banking accounts: ICICI, HDFC, Kotak, SBI and most of the others banks have link for Form 26AS in their online banking login.

answered Aug 29 '12 at 20:56 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 29 '12 at 11:29

Seen: 2,499 times

Last updated: Aug 29 '12 at 20:56