Withdrawn Provident Fund Exemption Rule

I was a member of Indian Provident Fund for more than five years. After serving in three different Companies involving two states. Due to some miscommunication even though the money was transferred from my account in Karnataka to my account in Andhra, the same was not credited. As a result the second company considered my appointment with them as the starting point and third company deducted TDS citing less five year membership rule.

Can I show this withdrawal money in my Tax Returns for AY 2011-12 and claim refund of TDS wrongly deducted. If so which form should be used and under which Head the exemption should be claimed?

asked Mar 27 '11 at 09:54 by Babu 1222

Yes you can show this pf withdrawal amount in your tax return and also get refund for TDS deducted as below:

1) Fill ITR-2
2) Show the employer PF amount under the head income from other sources(from income other than from owing race horses)and Interest amount on both the contribution under the same head.
3) Fill the TDS details given by the employer in form 16A and 16.

answered Mar 28 '11 at 13:19 by sagar 4012


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 27 '11 at 09:54

Seen: 3,695 times

Last updated: Mar 29 '11 at 13:47