long term capital gain exemption for senior citizens


Please let me know if there is any extra exemption for senior citizens for long term capital gain and if yes please let me know how to awail the tax exemption. Is there any other way to save LTCG other then buying house, investing in NHAI bonds and REC bonds?

Thanks Hemant

asked Mar 26 '11 at 12:32 by Hemant 1111

There is no extra exemption available for senior citizens in case of long term capital gains.

Income tax can only be saved under section 54/54F (buy new residential property) or section 54EC (invest in capital gain bonds).

answered Mar 26 '11 at 23:47 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 26 '11 at 12:32

Seen: 11,645 times

Last updated: Mar 26 '11 at 23:47