Return filing by a retired person

Dear Sir,

I have retired from Central Govt on 30.06.2011, I have deposited my due tax on my pension and other earnings after getting form 16 & int certificate from bank, now as per any law, should I submit my return as well on ITR-1 OR just deposit of tax is sufficient and keep my records

I shall be grateful for your advise pl

Regards Som

asked Jul 25 '12 at 09:38 by somtandon 1111

Just depositing income tax is not sufficient. If your income is above non-taxable range, income tax return filing is mandatory.

Also read these important guidelines regarding Income tax return filing below:alt text

answered Jul 25 '12 at 14:18 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 25 '12 at 09:38

Seen: 6,300 times

Last updated: Jul 25 '12 at 14:18