Income Tax Refund after 6 years


I have around 4500 refund for AY 2006-07. I cant see this in refund status also as the return was filed offline. The online link to check refund status says:

Your assessing officer has not sent this refund to Refund Banker.

I can see the TDS deducted in Form 26AS. I have the Form16 and the ITR filed acknowledgment. Do you think i can get this refund in any way ? By filing RTI etc? Yeah, i agree it's negligence on my part for delaying this many years :)

Thanks for the answer.

asked Jul 22 '12 at 02:21 by Phani R 2216713

Only option left now would be RTI.

answered Jul 23 '12 at 16:45 by Pankaj Batra 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via Email, Twitter, or Facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 22 '12 at 02:21

Seen: 1,265 times

Last updated: Jul 23 '12 at 16:45